“To be effective, you need to exude confidence in all communications with the customer. Nobody buys from a salesperson who lacks confidence.” – DJ Sebastian in today’s Tip 1195
How do you exude confidence with the customer?
Join the conversation below and share your thoughts!
Have feedback? Want to share a sales tip? Call or text the Sales Success Hotline: 512-777-1442 or Email: [email protected]
Scott Ingram: You’re listening to the Daily Sales Tips podcast and I’m your host, Scott Ingram. Today’s tip comes from DJ Sebastian. As a top-producing sales executive for some of the best technology companies, DJ learned that to become great at selling, you must be a great communicator. Now, as a sales coach and author, DJ’s mission is to help the next generation of B2B sales professionals become elite sellers. Here he is:
DJ Sebastian: To be effective, you need to exude confidence in all communications with the customer. Nobody buys from a salesperson who lacks confidence. It might not sound easy, but with preparation and practice, you can gain the confidence you need to be successful.
Here are 8 things you can do to acquire the confidence it takes.
1. Examine how the customer describes their mission, key initiatives, and customer focus and use those terms. When you articulate their business issues even at a high level, you will quickly develop rapport with your customer.
2. Don’t waste your customer’s time. You might have just a few minutes to interact with your customer’s executives, so make the most of it. Only talk about off-topic subjects if the customer brings it up first.
3. Visualize a positive outcome every time you connect with your customer. Envision what it will take to have a powerful conversation, facilitate a successful meeting and result in a positive outcome.
4. Adopt a strong belief that you, your company, and your solution will deliver the best possible outcome for your customer.
5. Create an unshakable belief that by working with you, your customer will gain the most business benefits. If you are unable to develop this belief, then you are either selling for the wrong company or calling on the wrong customer.
6. Don’t appear cocky or arrogant. Never fake it. You must be sincere and your passion must be real. Otherwise, you’ll be viewed as a phony and won’t be taken seriously.
7. Prepare well. Have a command of your message, your main points, and a list of probing questions to ask.
8. Practice your sales conversations with one of your peers or your sales manager to sharpen your message.
Scott Ingram: For links to connect with DJ and to this tips $SALES coin drop at SalesCoin.co/8things, just click over to DailySales.Tips/1195 and we’ll have those for you there. Once you’ve done that, be sure to come back tomorrow for another great sales tip. Thanks for listening!