“Set your goal and then identify somebody who’s doing what you want to do and then connect with that person.” – Lon Graham in today’s Tip 1085
Are you willing to approach differently to accomplish your goal?
Join the conversation below and connect with Lon on LinkedIn!
Lon Graham Website
Lon Graham on LinkedIn
Lon Graham on Instagram
Submit a Sales Tip
Have feedback? Want to share a sales tip? Call or text the Sales Success Hotline: 512-777-1442 or Email: [email protected]
Scott Ingram: You’re listening to the Daily Sales Tips podcast and I’m your host, Scott Ingram. Today’s tips comes from Lon Graham. Lon is a sales speaker, sales consultant, and the voice of experience. He is an award-winning sales and leadership professional with over 25 years of experience. Now he talks to organizations and sales professionals about how to connect with your clients and get the sales you want. Here he is:
Lon Graham: Happy New Year. It’s goal season. A lot of people use the New Year as an opportunity to set new goals. The good news is that some people are successful at accomplishing those goals. There’s data to suggest that as many as 8% of the population that set new goals accomplished those goals. That’s right, 8%. The not-so-good news is that the other 92% don’t accomplish their new goals.
Now, if you fall into that 92% category, don’t lose hope. There’s an opportunity for you to do something differently. There’s hope for you if you can answer yes to these two questions.
The first question is, is it something you want, is it your goal and not a goal somebody else wants for you? The second question is, are you willing to approach it differently this time to accomplish that goal?
If you can answer yes to those two questions, then there’s hope for you. And now that you’re ready to do it differently. Here’s how.
Set your goal and then identify somebody who’s doing what you want to do and then connect with that person. And you can connect with them in person, you can connect with them on the phone, or you can connect with them using some online platform. And when you connect with them, tell them that you admire what they’re doing and that you admire how they’re doing it, and then tell them that you aspire to do it too and ask for their advice.
The reason their person is likely to give you advice is because somebody helped them get it and gave them advice to get it too. And what you’ve done for yourself is now you have a path. You’ve increased your stakes and you have somebody else invested in your outcome. Now, though, I do have one word of caution, make sure you like the way that person is doing it because they’re going to tell you to do it the way that they did it to be successful.
Now, this approach works for professional goals as well as personal goals. And I know it does because I’ve used this approach multiple times. Matter of fact, I used it to quit dip and snuff after 20 years of dipping and multiple failed attempts to quit. Ultimately, I connected with somebody who had quit. He gave me advice and coached me along the way and helped me to ultimately quit, too.
Now that you know the way, go connect with the person who’s doing what you want to do, you’ll both be glad you did. Happy New Year and here’s to you accomplishing your new goals in 2022. Thank you.
Scott Ingram: Lon would love to connect with you on LinkedIn or have you visit his website and we’ve got links for you to do both of those things at DailySales.Tips/1085.
Once you’ve done that, be sure to come back tomorrow for another great sales tip. Thanks for listening!