Leila Mozaffarian is currently the top Account Executive at the Seattle based start up Zipwhip. Her focus is on the automotive industry. When Leila first started there were 30 people on the sales team. The team has now grown to over 75 people. Her role has also changed since starting with Zipwhip. When she first started she was doing the entire sales process. While at Zipwhip, she has also spent time serving as a Mentor Account Executive where she would mentor and coach other individuals in the company.
Leila was born and raised in Seattle. She graduated from the University of Oregon, where she studied entrepreneurship and marketing with a minor in psychology. While in college, she also started an LLC. Leila always knew she wanted to move back to Seattle and wanted to be in the tech space.
Learn more about Leila, how she’s been successful, and why fostering relationships and building trust over time is extremely important in this episode.
In This Episode
- Top 3 things that have allow Leila to stay at the top of the leader board
- Responding to someone who chooses not to buy from you
- Leila’s origin story
- How psychology relates to sales
- Not limiting yourself and fostering motivation
- Sticking with people who push you to be better
- Life goes on around us
- The biggest challenge for Leila
- Combating lack of confidence
- Leila’s habits and routines
- Creating a 5-star experience
- Using LinkedIn to be successful
- Leila’s sales philosophy
- Being a challenger
- It’s not crazy to be honest
- Diving in with both feet and going all in
- Nothing is impossible
- What you put in, you will get out
The Top 3 Things That Allow Leila to Stay at The Top of the Leader Board
- She’s an empathetic salesperson
- She is consistently persistent
- She really listens to her customers and engages with her potential clients
Leila’s Sales Results
Throughout 2017 Leila set the highest record for software sales in a month. Her average was 300 percent to plan.
In January 2017 she missed quota for first time. That feeling of failure motivated her to do better. She went on to hit 400 percent to plan in a month, then 450 percent to plan in a month. Her highest selling month was 1000 percent to plan.
What Leila Is Most Proud Of
Leila is incredibly proud to succeed in the role that she is in. She was very young when she started with the company and works in a male dominated world. It has been a hard learning curve but she has done extremely well.
Leila’s Sales Philosophy
Sell with integrity and be honest. When you build relationships with customers and aren’t just trying to make money, you are showing that you will take care of the customer and in turn they will take care of you.
Within the next 2 weeks, pick 2 to 3 people outside of your sales team and ask them about what they do at work. Find out what their role is, what they are working on, what’s going well, what might be a bug, understand why they are at the company and what their goals for the future are. Ask as many questions as you can and learn as much as you can. This will help you feel like you belong and give you people to go to when you may need help with something.
Leila Mozaffarian on LinkedIn
Crossing The Chasm
The Challenger of Sale