Top Sales Recruiter at Sales Recruiting Firm Treeline – Dan Drozewski
Dan Drozewski is the top sales recruiter at the sales recruiting firm Treeline, outside of Boston. Dan works a 9-5 work schedule and is 100 percent focused on the task at hand throughout his day. Every day he walks in, coffee in hand, opens his calendar and is ready to go. He is ultra focused on taking one step at a time.
Dan claims he is a think outside the box kind of guy and likes to question the status quo. He also enjoys getting a little bit creative and looking at ways to make things better. Sometimes he fails and sometimes he succeeds. Dan is driven by competition and is very competitive by nature.
Treeline is an executive search firm that has been around since 2001. Dan’s job is to find top sales talent for their clients. He also manages a team of two and is in the process of looking for a third. Prior to Treeline, Dan had a long banking career. He started out as a teller and worked his way up to having his own branch. He realized at some point that he was just sitting behind a desk pushing papers so to speak. Dan wanted to find something that would be challenging.
In this episode
- Top 3 things that makes Dan successful
- What it takes to be number one at Tree Line
- Building a team
- Transition to individual contributor to team leader
- Managing bandwidth
- Focus is huge
- Dan’s daily routine
- Average deal size
- Consistency in methodology
- Establishing a game plan
- Expectations around timing
- Doing your due diligence
Advice for Sales Professionals looking to work with a sales recruiter starts at: 49:45
Shareable Clips & Quotes
Dan’s most proud moment of the year
Dan broke the monthly record for revenue booked in one month.
Advice from Dan
- You can’t just do one thing to be successful
- Source candidates from all areas. You can’t get them from one function or job site.
- Don’t worry about the instant gratification and focus on the long term benefits.
- Remember you won’t see results 5 minutes from now.
- Be ready to be resilience. Be ready to be knocked out.
- Have great numbers, Deliver, be an over performer.
Dan’s Challenge for You:
- Get uncomfortable in your mindset
- Change your ways
- Get outside your comfort zone
- Know your numbers and metrics
Dan Drozewski on LinkedIn
Scott Ingram on LinkedIn